A Root Cause is the reason a Non-Conformance has had to been raised this is filled in after the Corrective Action and describes what occurred for this Non-Conformance to be raised.
E.g: If the Non-Conformance is “Door was left open overnight” the corrective action could be to “You have a sign out before leaving“and the Root Cause would be “Someone left the door open and unlocked“.
Using the Template settings you are able to have multiple root causes attached to a Corrective Action.
In order to enable this follow these steps:
- Navigate to Templates
- Select a Template you wish to enable this on.
- Navigate to Template Settings > NCs.
- Scroll to the Bottom to see the Root Cause section.
- Enter in the number of Root Cause you wish to have, if you wish to have none then simply enter “0“.
- Select “Update Template Settings“.
Now once you go to manage a Non-Conformance raised on that Audit you will have that number of Root Causes text boxes.